TIPS FOR TRACKING NEW DEVELOPMENTS
There's a lot of building going on in our neighborhood. Fortunately, everyone can access the LA Department of City Planning's website and locate up-to-date case information. Here are a few tips for navigating their site:
- TO FIND ZONING, BUILDING PERMIT AND OTHER INFO ABOUT ANY PROPERTY, go to http://zimas.lacity.org/ and enter the address.
- For zoning, click on the Planning and Zoning tab.
- For building permits, click on the Jurisdictional tab, then Building Permit Info.
- To look for information about a possible development project, click on the Case Numbers tab to find a list with existing case numbers. ORD stands for ordinances and codes. Development project case numbers often begin with ENV, DIR or VTT.
- IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE CASE NUMBER OF A PROJECT, you can start at City Planning's homepage: http://planning.lacity.org/. Click on Advanced Case Search in the top right corner, and enter the case number to find project info, hearing dates, city planning contacts and more.
To find out more about current and proposed developments in our area, please join us at our monthly Land Use Committee meeting. Details in our Community Calendar.